What is a Mis Sold Packaged Bank Account ?
Packaged Bank Accounts are “premium” bank account that often include car cover, travel insurance and other bundled products for a monthly fee.
•There are over 11 million Packaged Bank Accounts in the UK with 1 in 5 of them estimated to be mis-sold
IF you were not offered a free account or have not claimed on any of the insurance products, you may be entitled to compensation plus 8% interest. To find out if you qualify click the “Package bank compensation apply now” button.
OR you can check if you have a claim using our FREE Checking service by clicking the blue button below…
FREE Package Bank Account Compensation Check
Use Our “Free Package Bank Fee Check Form” to find out if you are entitled to Bank Fee Compensation…
Did you already have Car Breakdown cover and other insurances?
- Are your electronic items, gadgets, etc all covered under your home insurance?If you were ‘promoted’ by your bank to a Premium Bank Account including a higher monthly “account Fee” but featuring various insurance benefits and car cover bundled together…. Ask yourself ….. Did you really need the products or use any of the services they provided, if not, we can claim your money back plus interest
Is my bank guilty ?
- If you were not offered an alternative account that was free or cheaper without the bundled benefits, we can claim your money back plus interest.
- If the Bank Advisor never checked to see if the insurance benefits were of any real value to you or if you may have already had similar insurance products in other plans, like car breakdown cover or mobile phone cover, we can claim your money back plus interest.
- Packaged Bank Accounts are bank accounts like RBS Royalties Gold or Silver, Bank of Scotland Gold Silver or Platinum, Halifax Ultimate Reward, and Barclays Additions Active or Plus. Many of the high street banks discovered a way to make extra money from their clients by adding these bundled features as perceived benefits for having their account and charging you, their client, an added £10 to £25 per month for the privilege. Over 11 million people were put into these accounts in the UK. The problem is often the fine print in the terms and conditions prevent certain policies from paying out even if you did need to make a claim, such as your age or any pre existing health conditions on the travel insurance products. Or the car breakdown cover only covers a 20 mile radius. If these conditions were not explained to you before being given the packaged bank account you have a right to claim your money back.
Some of the Banks Guilty of Mis Selling Package Bank Accounts…
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Santander/Alliance and Leicester
- Barclays Bank
- Bank Of Scotland
- Yorkshire Bank
- Co Op Bank