What is a “ Mis Sold Packaged Bank Account? ”
Packaged Bank Accounts are “premium” bank account that often include car cover, travel insurance and other bundled products for a monthly fee.
- There are over 11 million Packaged Bank Accounts in the UK with 1 in 5 of them estimated to be mis-sold.
If you were not offered a free bank account, or you received a privileged upgrade and didn’t really want or need all the products, you may be entitled to compensation plus 8% interest. To find out if you qualify, please click the “Claim Now” button.
Or you can check if you may be eligible to claim by using our FREE Checking service by clicking the Check Now button below…
You do not need to use a claims management company to make a complaint to your bank/IFA and if your complaint is unsuccessful you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman’s service for free.
FREE Package Bank Account Compensation Check
Use Our “Free Package Bank Fee Check Form” to find out if you are entitled to Bank Fee Compensation…
Did you already have Car Breakdown, Travel, or Mobile cover elsewhere?
- Perhaps your mobile and other electronic items are all covered under your home insurance?
- If you were ‘promoted’ by your bank to a Premium Bank Account which was presented as a reward for loyalty and included a bundle of various insurance benefits that were never properly explained… Ask yourself …. Did you really need the products or use any of the services they provided? If not, we can claim your monthly fees back plus interest!
Is my bank guilty ?
- Many of the high street banks discovered a way to make extra money from their clients by adding these bundled features as perceived benefits for having their account and charging you, their client, an added £10 to £25 per month for the privilege.
- Over 11 million people were put into these accounts in the UK. The problem is often the fine print in the terms and conditions of each policy, limited your claim ability, such as your age or any pre existing health conditions on travel insurance products. Or limited 10 mile radius response cover on the Car Breakdown. If these conditions were not explained to you before being given the packaged bank account, you have a right to make a claim.
- If you were not offered an alternative account that was free or cheaper without the bundled benefits, we can claim your money back plus interest.
- If the Bank Adviser never checked to see if the insurance benefits were of any real value to you or if you may have already had similar insurance products in other plans, like car breakdown cover or mobile phone cover, we can claim your money back plus interest.
Some of the Bank Account types, Guilty of Mis Selling Package Bank Accounts…
- Barclays; Premier Life 25/Additions Plus/ Additions/Current Account Plus
- HSBC Advance
- Halifax Ultimate Reward
- Lloyds TSB; Premier/Platinum/Gold/Silver/Select
- Natwest Advantage Gold
- Royal Bank of Scotland Royalties Gold
- Bank of Scotland; Premier/Platinum/Gold/Silver
- Santander/Alliance and Leicester; Family Reward/Travel Reward/Premium/Reward
- Clydesdale Bank Signature
- Yorkshire Bank Signature
- First Direct First Directory