Were you Inexperienced with Investments at the time the advice was given? Felt too much of your savings was invested?
You may have a Mis-sold Investment and could be entitled to compensation plus interest! Bank Advisers often mis-sold investments, including Portfolio Management Accounts, Personal Investment Plans (PIPs), Unit Trusts/ OEICs, Capital Protected Products, Investment Bonds, and SIPPs, by not properly taking your circumstances into consideration.
Roy Gwinneth (FPC, Cmap, Qualified IFA) our lead Mis-sold Investments Adviser has 27 years experience working as a Financial Adviser and IFA for 2 major UK banks and knows when an investment is suitably based on a client’s personal circumstances and risk profile, from when it’s been designed to perhaps better line the pockets of the Financial Adviser who recommended it. If you have ever lost money or only broke even on your investment or SIPP, and felt you were perhaps unsuitably advised, please contact one of our Investment team specialists today to discuss your case and see if you have a suitable claim.
There are no up front costs and All work is carried out on a No Win – No Fee basis!
Call Today 01625 536777
You do not need to use a claims management company to make a complaint to your bank/IFA and if your complaint is unsuccessful you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman’s service for free.
Try our FREE checking service, you could be entitled to thousands of pounds in compensation plus interest. Mr and Mrs Coulson asked us to look into a Personal Investment Management Portfolio from Barclays after reading our article about mis- sold investments, and we just won them £104,027 in compensation on April 8th!
– You will have your own dedicated Investment Claims specialist from start to finish.
– No upfront fee’s required to commence your claim.
– You will not be charged if we do not win your claim!
– Our Fee is a fair 30% plus VAT (36% in total), lower on average than our competitors.
– Our specialists have a proven track record in recovering Mis-sold investment compensation.– We have a 90% Success Rate.
– No Investment paperwork is required from you, as we gather most details direct from the Investment provider.
– We are one of the longest running Mis Sold Investment claim companies, winning Investment claims since 2014.
– Did the adviser properly consider your attitude to risk when investing your money?
– Did you fully understand how the investment product worked and risk of loss?
– Were you expecting the investment to be worth more at the end, based on the advisers assurances?
– Was the adviser keen on selling you one particular product?
Recent Mis-Sold Investment Success Stories…
Here are a few Recent Success Stories through claims made by our Mis-sold Investment Team ;
- Here are just a few of the recent larger successful outcomes for our clients.
Most of them had lost money they were relying on for retirement and were told it was down to poor market conditions, before contacting us for help.
On 07/01/2019, CSN won £14,086.51 for Mrs I. from Mis-sold OEICS and ISA’s set up through Lloyds.
On 11/09/2019, We won £23,922 in compensation plus interest from Barclays for a mis sold Portfolio Management Account.
On 13/08/2018, we won £4,731.22 in compensation from mis sold ISA and OEIC Investments sold by Yorkshire.
On 03/08/18, we won £10,242.36 from Mis sold Isa’s and OEICs recommended by Lloyds Scottish Widows
On 10/08/2018, we won back £29,345.48 with added interest for Mis-sold Investment Bonds set up by Halifax
On 30/07/2018, CSN won £15,754.43 for Mis sold OEICs recommended by Halifax
On 17/04/2019, we reclaimed £12,576.90 with added interest for Investment Bonds and Stocks and Shares ISA’s with Barclays.
On 13/02/2019, we reclaimed £7,556.12 with added interest from a Portfolio Bond Investment sold by RBS
On 08/04/2019, Barclays agreed to pay back £104,027 to Mr and Mrs Coulson for unsuitable investment advice regarding their Personal Investment Management Portfolio.
Even if you received your initial investment back after tieing it up for several years in a poor investment, you could be owed money for lost earnings potential! Please call our team today to see if we could help. Remember all work is no win-no fee …guaranteed!
How Were People Mis-sold investments by Bank Advisers?
- Most Bank Financial Advisers were tied agents, which means they could only recommend investment products provided by their bank. This limited the options available to you. Because of this, customers were often being sold investments that suited the banks product range rather than the customer’s needs. To name a few, Aviva Global Balanced and Aviva Cautious Income Funds sold by Barclays, Halifax Guaranteed Investment Plan, Scottish Widows Capital Protected, Capital Solutions Funds and Guaranteed Investment Funds all sold by Lloyds, were often mis-sold products which we have successfully fought.
- In fact, on May 12th 2017, the Times highlighted how Lloyds agreed to pay back compensation which may total some £80M, for investment products it sold to older clients who wanted to invest their nest egg money with little risk as their retirement was imminent. If you were advised to invest in the Acorn Market Linked Deposit or Scottish Widows Protected Capital Solution Funds, sold between 2008 and 2010 we can claim back compensation. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) said the Acorn product ‘was in breach of providing fair, clear, and not misleading promotions, because it provides the consumer with a misleading impression of the return’. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lloyds-to-pay-80m-in-new-sales-blunder-06r3gnq2d
- In most cases, financial advisers were targeted monthly and annually so they were put under pressure to hit targets if they wanted to keep their job or receive important perks like free Life cover or transition payments. In fact, a Sunday Times Money section cover story dated February 12th 2017, highlighted St James’s Place and how it’s financial advisers were paid on a high pressure commission basis and received multiple perks for every pound they invested of client money. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/advisers-win-prizes-for-every-pound-you-invest-xw9kft5rr
- HSBC were also hit with a £10.5m fine for selling unsuitable products to almost 2,500 elderly customers, Barclays were fined £7.7m. Santander UK were fined £12.4m for widespread Premium Investment advise failings, and RBS/NatWest group have also been fined £2.8m for failing to properly serve their customers needs.
How Do I Know If I was Mis-sold by my Bank Adviser?
Here are a few possible reasons:
- If you were an inexperienced investor, or you wanted a cautious low risk investment.
- If more than half of your available capital was invested.
- If you were nearing retirement or relying on the proceed for retirement at the time of your investment.
- If the Investments were never explained in detail, including the initial charge, ongoing charges and commission paid to the agent / bank.
- If the adviser did not take into proper consideration your future financial needs like retirement income, home improvements or other earmarked expenses.
- If the adviser did not properly assess your actual monthly outgoings.
“We congratulate you for a wonderful service, especially our Investment assessor, Mr Matt Fitzgerald, who kept us informed of each procedure along the way. We would recommend your company as being first class!” Mr & Mrs James and Margaret Bennett, recent clients.
Please give our experienced investments team the opportunity to provide you with an equally commendable service.